Originally Posted by horse1
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by vapodog
Originally Posted by Lonny
All things equal, which do you prefer to eat?

Can you tell the difference in taste between the two?

I have both in the freezer.....there is no discernable difference to my taste bids.

This is what I have noticed and I think antelope is superior, yet you will have all sorts of guys turn their noses up at both mule deer and antelope...

I think the folks who turn up their nose @ antelope have been guilty of treating it the same they would a deer in Nov. @ 90+ degrees, wrap it up in a blue tarp with the hide on, strap it to the yuppie-rack stuck in the receiver hitch, spend another day and a half cruising gravel roads and infusing diesel smoke into the now rotting carcass under the blue plastic tarp.

I don't really notice a flavor difference between whitetail and mule deer, but, where I typically hunt, both are feeding in harvested grain fields or alfalfa for the most part.

I have shot and eaten mule deer and white-tailed deer, from the mountains and now, the plains where I live. The does have very little difference in taste, but a rutting white-tailed buck trumps a mulie buck every time. The mulies even smell worse, when field dressing them.

Antelope does are about as good as it gets, to me.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.