Interesting thread. I think tastes, and preconceived notions, all add into the equation.

Truth be told, I don't care much for any deer. At least whitetail, mule deer, or blacktail. Not really a fan of elk either. Moose or bison, however, I really like but haven't eaten a ton of it. I'd like to do a blind taste test to see if this all holds water, as I might be fooling myself.

Haven't had enough antelope to make a decision, but based on numerous reports I really want to try more.

I like duck (domestic) and lamb, but my wife doesn't care for either one. However, she and my son have eaten a decent amount of elk, mule deer, and blacktail deer without a complaint. I really got tired of eating it, and was happy to empty the freezer of it. Not sure what to make of it all.

In the past few years, I've passed up on a legal deer and elk as I have zero desire to eat them. I would turn all of the meat into pepperoni or sausage, which seems like a waste. Or burger with beef fat. We aren't hurting for meat at my house and I'd take beef or cheap pork shoulder steak over any deer or elk cut. I have friends that love game meat, and am starting to think that I should give them the meat. They literally get depressed as the freezer gets low.

My kids like rabbit, and based on the ramblings of Steve Rinella, Hank Shaw, and Jonathan O'Dell, I'd like to try jack rabbit. Probably sounds weird to some!