I know when it comes to processors, it is a crap shoot. We had 3 antelope processed in Montana a number of years ago. We got back someone else's bucks. I think they just figured they could screw the out of town guys because they would never see them again. What they did was guarantee that I would NEVER have a commercial processor do a game animal for me again. If I can't do it, it doesn't get done. I can't stand the thought of eating antelope after that Montana trip and we took really good care of our bucks.

As for javelina, I killed a young one about 30 years ago. I marinated it up and we grilled it just like we would chicken. We ate it at group cookout and the wives couldn't get enough of it. On another occasion, I pit cooked a javelina and some elk. We also had 60 lobsters. The javelina was the first meat to run out. I only ate lobster so I don't know what it tasted like but it must have been pretty good. Those were 20-25 pound pigs. I killed a couple of big ones and nobody could eat them. We don't even try anymore and I don't know why I still hunt them!

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.