OSU Sig: I indeed have a very pleasing Ruger #1-V-SS in caliber 204 Ruger (this is the stainless steel, laminated stock, heavy barrel model).
I love Ruger #1's and this one is NO disappointment.
I have owned it for 10+ years now and I just love it.
It shoots so well that it is with me for the duration!
My favorite quarry with it is a remote colony of Rock Chucks and once I get to it I only shoot ONE Rock Chuck - take a picture and move on.
I have a silver Leupold 6.5x20 variable on it and it is as handsome as can be.
Back when I was doing load development it showed GREAT promise with the 35 grain Bergers but at about that time I decided to feed all my 204's the easier to come by Sierra 32 grain BlitzKings and I switched this Rifle to this bullet as well.
I think they made the Ruger #1-B in caliber 204 Ruger as well but I have never had anything to do with that model in 204.
Good luck if you decide to try one.
Went to my loading log book here quickly before dinner and the smallest group I have shot with this Rifle is .343" (5 shots at 100 yards) next smallest is .422" (5 shots at 100 yards) - the largest load testing or sight-in verification group I have shot with this #1-V-SS in 204 Ruger is .658" (5 shots at 100 yards) - for those familiar with all stock factory original Ruger #1's that is very good shooting!
Dinner bell - more later.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy