When I go PD shooting I bring several guns including what I might be shooting game animals with in the fall. I usually bring a boomer too - great practice.

One of the issues with PD shooting is that now and then a fellow gets into a field that the local boys have not shot their AR’s and their 22’s, so there is lots to shoot.

When that happens it’s a good idea to have several rifles along so you don’t over-heat the barrels.

My PD rifles include the 204 and a couple 223’s.

I find that .224 bullets are often cheaper than other calibers, so the .223 gets used a lot.

There are better cartridges than the 223 perhaps, but that is the one I shoot the most - cheap brass and cheap bullets and cheap shooter.

BTW: Wyoming doesn’t (or had not last I shot there) require a license to shoot PD’s. Call their Game department and they’ll fill you in on where the best shooting will be. The last time I went to Wyoming there were four of us and I brought 6 rifles. There were a lot of hot barrels. We shot for a full week.
The place was near where the North Platte comes out of Colorado - on the plains. I ran out of ammunition in 5 of the rifles. A rancher found out what we had done and begged us to come to his ranch, but ammo was nearly gone and time to go back to work. Nearby was a free campground where we stayed.

Saratoga, WY was a nearby town.

Last edited by Bugger; 02/07/19.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally