Bugger: I am notoriously CHEAP and a notorious "non-hotrodder" handloader - I am still trying to ascertain if 223 Remington brass or 204 Ruger brass gives me more firings per brass's lifetime?
I also shoot a lot of both the 223 Remington and the 204 Ruger and the "cost" difference in reloading the two is negligible (not a factor to me!) and remember I am notoriously CHEAP when it comes to purchasing staples like reloading components, food, clothing etc).
Basically I am saying the costs over the lifetime of a piece of brass, comparing the 204 Ruger to the 223 Remington, is not much/not a factor for me.
Both the 223 Remington and the 204 Ruger are very fine and very useful Varminting cartridges but for all around Varminting (including night calling, Colony Varminting, predator Hunting, Badger Hunting etc) the 204 Ruger, in my EXTENSIVE experience, wins hands down - the amazing accuracy of the 204 Ruger, the extreme lack of recoil, the amazing lethality and the slowness to heat a barrel are just a few of the many attributes of the 204 Ruger that give it the "superior" rating in my book!
Long live the amazing 204 Ruger.
And this, trying the wildcat 20 Practical and its significant added expenses, for less performance, has never even seriously crossed my mind!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy