Originally Posted by aalf
Originally Posted by Pappy348
A lot of that investment is emotional, IMHO. Just when a feller gets to enjoy feeling all special about his toy, somebody comes along and does it maybe just a bit better, over the counter yet.

Since you chose to use my "invested" statement from a previous post, I guess having reamers for 22, 6, and 6.5 x47's and 8 or nine guns/ barrels chambered with them, is a bit more than "emotional".

I and others mention a round on the 47 case as another option to look at, not replace or compete with a favorite, nothing more.

Sorry, my friend, but you're giving my memory waaayyy too much credit! I think I was clear that the investment I was talking about is emotional, not financial or otherwise tangible. Your situation is one where sticking with a proven favorite and/or its kin makes perfect sense, kinda like me keeping a .270 (to name just one) around. Wouldn't want to discourage anyone from using what they already have or like, for any reason.

On the other hand, I said before, there's absolutely no reason for anyone buying or building a new rifle to saddle themselves with a wildcat, or an obscure, difficult to feed cartridge when the same performance is available off the shelf, or to fuss and stamp their feet when something new and useful comes out that does what their pet does, but simply and relatively inexpensively. Obvious exceptions are vintage guns, or attempts at recreating same, or "just because", all good reasons to do things the hard way.

What fresh Hell is this?