Originally Posted by Whelenman
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I have a Universal double 20ga. Yeah, I know, what's a Universal? It was made in Spain back in the 60's is all I know. I bought it when a local drug store was going out of business. Back then, before gun control was invented, a lot of stores sold guns. It's a cheap gun. I paid about $75 IIRC. The stock broke years ago and I fiberglassed it back together. The reason I like it is because it fits me so well. I've shot other doubles and most are too straight. I have a long neck and I can't get down on them which makes me shoot high. This one has more drop to the stock and I can shoot it fine. I wish I could afford a quality gun made to the same dimensions.
I haven't hunted with it in a long time but it stays handy in the house with loads of buckshot inside. A double is a good self defense gun. Besides being fast to reload, a bad guy gets intimidated when looking down into 2 big black holes pointed at his chest.

I have the same gun. I bought it a Meijers in the early 70's still in fine shape!

My BIL bought one at the same time I did. They had 2 on the shelf. Mine is choked IC/M and his is M/F. We've patterned them and there really isn't much difference. His is in much better shape than mine but mine has had a lot more hard use.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.