Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by Beaver10
TZ, You’d be good to go with a 270 as long as your wearing flaming orange from head to boot. Might I suggest dropping a little more horsepower in the engine by ramping up to a 270 WSM. You’ll find some decent BC bullets from Nosler LRAB’s. May give you some extra MPH. 😎

I’ll probably use an 06 or a .308. I just got a kick out of the fact I “needed” a 7mag.

Some guys think there's a huge difference, but really there isn't. With todays bullets and optics that reliable track at any sane hunting distance, you can take an elk with both cartridges equally as well. One doesn't really "out perfom" the other, when in the end you have a dead elk laying on the ground. This isn't the longrange hunting forum either, so essentially we are comparing two peas in a pod for most average elk hunting scenerios. To be honest, all of my elk could have been killed with a 6.5 creedmoor and that's what I plan on using this year...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA