Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91

I appreciate your long post. The thread was about hunting, not a lengthy range session. I did see your reference to 150 LRAB, but there was no ballistics posted for comparison sake.

I fully understand and agree with your position on recoil for anyone, long shooting sessions, versus hunting: 1-2 shot, where a person enjoys rather than hate.

I can also understand how recoil would play into a choice on a man having Uncle arthritis or an injury. My “who cares about recoil” reference is for a fit man with a thick hunting jacket who will only pull the trigger 1-2 times when hunting, hopefully.

I’d shoot your 140’s and 160’s up you have loaded, rather than switch to building up a load for the 150’s unless you just want something to do.

I hope you and your family continue to enjoy your shooting, and hunting.

Thanks.. I hope you and yours do the same.

A hunter that doesn't spend time at the range cannot be well prepared for the long shots. Heck, many hunters I've seen are not well-prepared regardless. smile

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.