Originally Posted by killerv
I know 2 out of the last 3 model 700 and model 7s that I have looked at on used gun racks had obviously had the triggers messed with. The pink fingernail polish on one of them was a dead giveaway. People just can't resist. I have an older buddy I hunt with and he'll tell you everyone was messing with the overtravel screw as soon as they bought a 700 back in the day.

The old Walker triggers are easy to adjust properly. Problem is, not everyone is qualified to comb their own hair, let alone take on a task of a technical nature.

Basically:
1. Back out the screws a couple turns.
2. Adjust the sear.
3. Adjust the overtravel.
4. Adjust the pull weight.
5. Check for FOR (Fire On Release) issues, readjust if necessary.

Did Daughter's new-to-her 1975 M700 yesterday. (Basically wanted to inspect the trigger for cleanliness and make sure it wasn't susceptible to FOR safety issues and seal the barrel channel.) It had been previously adjusted is my guess, since there was nothing locking the screws in place. (There is now.)

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.