I quit hunting up by Crater Lake, due to the trigger happy clowns during Elk Season...

I quit after one guy was shot and killed by other hunters, during 3 out of 4 seasons...
( in campfire fashion, NO not one guy killed annually)..

each time It was someone bringing a kill back to his vehicle... and carrying the head and antlers
on a back pack...just walking down a trail...

The last straw for me was when I kicked up a large bull in a heavily wooded creek bed...

all of a sudden I felt as if I was in Vietnam and walked into a Viet Cong Ambush... bullets fly everywhere..
and shots going off up on the hill side where there was a road... 7 different guys blasting away at the Elk..

Road hunters.. one guy stopped and looked, saw the elk, jumped out and started shooting..
other guys come by and saw him shooting so they got out and started shooting...

They quit after I fired a couple of shots over their heads.. me yelling someone is down here didn't seem to phase them....when I got up on the road, they asked if I was down on the creek bed, and I answered yeah...

the tone must have been telling them I was pissed as they back away from me walking by... they had been standing in a circle BSing with 4 pickups parked there....

when I walked passed them, one wise ass asked WTF I was doing down in the creek bed....

"who in the hell do you think kicked that elk up from its bed??"

I elk hunt very little here in Oregon, too many trigger happy morons out there....

still seems like every other year, someone else is shot and killed by some other dipschitts..

not during deer season it seems, always during Elk Season...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez