Originally Posted by 16bore
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Originally Posted by 16bore
“NRA Certified Instructor”

That’s as funny as their insurance policy.

So let me get this straight, is a “NRACI” the top of the heap or bottom of the barrel??

100% meaningless......

Depends, what the goal is. I did it to teach new shooter and to give the required class for a pistol permit. Does it make you an incredible teacher NO. You get out of it what you put into it. Are there better more advanced courses absolutely. It is not a bad place to start.

Not “slamming” you or your efforts. Just saying that all the eggs in one basket is never a good idea. Seems the entire “gun world” has decided that anything stamped “NRA” approved or certified is the be all end all.

Same as FDA, EPA....etc.

I didn't take it as you slamming me. Adults can discuss issues and not always agree. I agree the NRA courses are lacking, but also depends on the instructor you get too and their motivation for being an instructor. I by no means got into it to profit. I got in because I want to get more people involved in shooting, shooting sports, and hunting. I'll be the first to tell you I am not a great instructor. I just haven't given enough classes and I didn't get my instruction from the best teacher either. I know the material and how to shoot. I could use help conveying it to the students at times. I have a buddy from the Marine Corps that has a really good program going out in Southern California. He has a solid customer base and he loves teaching and is good at it all around. Like I said it's a good start.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.