I don't think that everything has been talked to death. There are always new bullets and powders that come along to chat about.

There wasn't much to say about the 22 Hornet and K Hornet until Lil Gun and the 40 gr VMax came along. Some years passed and 300 MP popped up. Apparently there is a fairly new 6.5 cartridge that I see the odd post about. And what about that charming 17 Hornet? N'oublie pas the extreme powders. New scopes. New guns. New optics.
---

What I would like to see is a rethink of some older cartridges and rifles. Discussions on ways to upgrade them. I'll give you a 'for instance'.

For instance, I'd like to see a limited run of bolt action rifles in 225 Winchester, but with a 1 in 9 twist instead of 1 in 14, so it can launch bullets up to about 75/80 grains. And leave the pressure cap alone. 55 KPSI will make for a long lasting barrel. And before you say it, yes, we already have the 22-250, but that cartridge is so ordinary. And the case silhouette is fugly. The 225 has shapely lines.

Winchester can bill it as one in a series of "Fixing things we screwed up". And build it in the US.

While I'm pontificating, with CNC machining, bring back the Model 94...not the Japanese one. A domestic one. Levers are an American design and part of your history. Time to wave the flag. Bring the rifle back and drop the price down! And while they're working through a re-design, beef the action strength up a tad, but leave the lines alone. Keep the weight at 7 lb. Release three chamberings for the first couple of years - 30/30, 7x30 Waters and some other chambering. A secret one to keep the masses guessing until SHOT.

Winchester can bill it as another in the series of "Fixing things we screwed up". Built in the US.

Hire some writers to produce the same type of stories you see in the car mags. What's new at Winchester? We got our hands on secret pix of the new Model 94, tested in Canada. The rifle would be wrapped up or partially obscured, so we cannot see exactly what it looks like, the lines or calibre. What a tease! It can be a new feature - What Are They Working On?

[Linked Image]

What's this? Caught on camera! Winchester employees were recently spotted in Ontario, Canada, where they go to test rifles and new designs, far away from prying eyes. I guess they should have gone farther away!

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]