One of the important numbers to look at is your A1c. I went through a period of time last year when I didn't pay as much attention as should have been. My A1c reached 9. Shortly after they sent me to the eye dr for my annual check regarding diabetic retinopathy. It was a big office with several dr's and when they were checking me out, asked me about my A1c. I told her it had gotten upwards of 9, last was 8.8. She said, "well it doesn't happen often, but 2 or 3 times a year, we have someone come in who went blind. Once that happens there is no reversal." Let me tell you, it scared the crap out of me. I got a lot more strict and my last A1c check was 7.5. It should be under 7 and in the 6 range is even better. One of the things I have started doing is intermittent fasting. I don't eat anything after 7:00 pm and don't eat breakfast till around 9:00. That's 14 hours with no food. Carbs are a killer. The goal is to shoot for consistency. I've heard stories of people who lose a bunch of weight and get off their meds. That ends up being pretty temporary. Diabetes is due to your pancreas not operating well, which is effected by diet, and medication. Good luck. I've been struggling with it for about 15 years.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain