Originally Posted by gophergunner
The doctor reamed me pretty good about not taking better care of my diabetes, so I've been really working hard on my numbers, writing them down and paying much closer attention to what I eat and drink. After years of always dealing with high readings (300-400) now I'm dealing with low readings. (50-70.) We will have to tweak my insulin comsumption to get this all leveled out. I take 60 units of Tresiba once a day, Humalog three times a day based on my numbers. My guidelines have always been 40 units for readings between 300 and 400, 35 units for readings between 200 and 299, and 30 units for readings between 100 and 199. I'm seeing the dr. this Friday and hope we can adjust these numbers downward so I don't bottom out. I just broke a heavy sweat, took my reading and I was down to 50. This is the third time in recent days I've gone low like this. Gotta find that happy medium here. They also have me on 500mg. of Metformin ER once a day and Trulicity once a week. I'm really hoping now that these numbers are headed down, we can cut back, or cut out some of this treatment.

Have others had to make adjustments as their blood sugar numbers came under better control?

Type 2?

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee