Originally Posted by Paradiddle
Originally Posted by JoeBob
I’m going with Babe Ruth. He won 89 games as a pitcher by the age of 23. That is more games by that age than all but two of the pitchers in the Hall of Fame. He won 20 games two years in a row. He got switched to the outfield so that he could hit everyday because in the dead ball era in limited at bats because he was a pitcher, he had hit eleven home runs. Later as a Yankee they put him in as a pitcher five times over the years at various times. He won all five games.

Best ball player who ever lived. He would be a ball of fame pitcher if he had stayed on the mound.

Ruth also holds the record of the longest complete game as a pitcher at 14 innings. His team won 2-1.

The amazing thing about Ruth was, that when he hit 60 home runs he out homered all but a few TEAMS. The modern equivalent would be hitting 500 home runs in a season.

Never has their been a more dominant baseball player.

I'm glad somebody finally agreed with me. He singlehandedly saved baseball after the 1919 Black Sox scandal, but changing it from a pitchers game to a hitters game. Yet, he was a great pitcher before he became a great home run hitter. His HR's rate per bat is still the highest there's ever been.