Originally Posted by kaboku68
You are claiming that surfers are ultimately the best athletes in the world. Sure they are good. But I don't think that Slater as brilliant and brave as he is would want to travel through every bad village in SE Asia and through Chen village in China and challenge each village champ to spar, sometimes with edged weapons. There are millions of white dudes that surf but there has only been one white dude who become all Japan Kendo Champion and a national treasure of Japan who was born in the US. He was an Olympic level Judoka and world class competitor in Sanshou Kungfu (full contact) and didn't stop till his death.

No No No I never said that. I said a single surfer is at the top of the discussion in my opinion based on his body of work. I never once discredited your selections merits or his body of work. I never even said he wasn't in the discussion.

You brought up a statement that you came to the conclusion that there are more Kendo athletes in the world than surfers. This maybe true, I don't know. I said popularity of the sport has nothing to do with the athlete in question and their body of work should be what is judged.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.