I have a 9000 # Warn on my 98 Dodge Cummins .The truck alone weighs about 8000 #'s and this winch does the job. I was once stuck on greasy mud with a 20 ft gooseneck empty trailer. I was able to use the winch to keep from sliding sideways as I made it to the hard pan, with the winch assisting the wheels.

I keep wanting to buy the synthetic rope, but never seem to get around to it.My winch weighs just shy of 100 pounds with steel cable and mounted on a receiver stub.That synthetic would take 30 pounds off it.

My advice. Use a front frame mounted receiver hitch so you can take the winch on and off and have it so you can also mount it on the rear receiver hitch. Wire up both front and rear with a heavy duty disconnect plug and match the winch power cable to i.t Make sure each is receiver rated to at least what the winch is rated at. I don't think you want a 10,000 # pulling capability on a Ford 150 . Something is going to give besides what you are pulling.

I use my winch mostly for pulling trees or logs of f roads, moving some wheeled equipment and such.Hardly ever from getting unstuck. These heavy diesel front ends,you learn to be a little more picky about where you take them.

Here is how mine is mounted on my truck.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by saddlesore; 03/10/19.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles