Originally Posted by jimmyp
any yet the ballistic gel and statistics say the "wounds are the same"! In addition a 22LR will kill a lot bigger animal than a 250 pounder if you hit it in the center.

Not necessarily. A few years ago, I responded to a shooting with a 22 long rifle cartridge. Two teenagers were getting ready to go trick or treating on Halloween. One was dressed up as a cowboy and had a Ruger single six in his holster. While his friend was getting ready, he was practicing his quick draw. Unfortunately, there was one round in the gun and on the third quick draw, the gun fired. His friend was on the opposite side of the room and from the hip, he hit his friend exactly centered between the eyes (not sure if that is the center you were talking about).

When I arrived, one boy was standing there, calmly, explaining what happened and the other was on the floor, curled up in a ball. The one telling me what happened was the one with the hole between the eyes. I later learned that the bullet broke into two pieces (round nose, not a hollow point). The larger piece stopped between the lobes of the brain and the smaller piece curved around behind the eye, putting pressure on the optic nerve. He never lost consciousness and he completely recovered.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein