Originally Posted by T_Inman
Just because they resulted in a dead animal doesn't mean they performed well. Sierra bullets have produced some atrocious wounds on animals I have shot them with, even with somewhat big caliber, heavier bullets such as the .308" 180 GameKing, especially when impact velocity is high.

Slow them down, shoot them out of a .30-30 or something like that and they'll be fine I am sure, but they're not for me and my normal hunting rifles.
I have also found them to be like Nosler bullets, in that they're normally accurate out to X yards, then their accuracy goes to hell, I presume because their internal concentricity (or lack of) causes them to wobble like a Marine on liberty once they slow down to a certain point.

The 63 SMP is the sole exception for me, out of my .22 hi power. I believe it is a varminter bullet though, not a GameKing or Pro-Hunter and I sure as hell don't shoot it long range.

Having run thousands of Sierra bullets over a Juenke I completely disagree on concentricity being a Sierra problem. They simply are as good as they come. The old screw-machine Partitions are the only ones close.

Also, like any stabilization issue, it shows up from the start if it is there. Run a thousand Core-Lokts over the Juenke and watch how the tiny handful of perfect ones shoot compared to the average...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.