Originally Posted by gerry35
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by gerry35
Never an issue with Accubond's here, they are one of the best all around bullets out there.

I have seen them used on bears, big and small, deer, caribou, moose, and bison. I have never seen an exit wound. That would include four broadside 300gr from a 375H&H in a very large brown bear. I have seen a whole bunch of 270gr X bullets in brown bears without catching a single bullet. And many of the Xs were full length.

I simply don't believe you. There are other reasons you don't like Nosler and slam them at almost any opportunity. I have only caught a couple in my time and have used them on moose, bear, deer and goats. I bet you saw quick kills with them unlike the 25-06 bear with TSX bullets that ran 200 yards but you still seem to think that was excellent performance. I'm not a Barnes hater by any means just pointing out something that makes no sense at all. There are other who have pointed out to you that they have seen your favourite bullet caught in game animals more than Accubond's. For some bizarre reason exit wounds seem to be more important to you than how quickly a bullet kills. If you don't like them that's fine but your reasoning is flawed.

A brown bear hit through the heart once from each side IS going to run a long ways, regardless the bullet used. The fact it made it across an avalanche chute is far from a surprise and a 30 caliber rifle would have produced nearly identical results.

As far as not believing me on Accubonds there are several posters here that shot those bullets and in order for me to have seen them it had to be someone else shooting as I have never shot an Accubond at a game animal. And likely never will.

My "beef" with Nosler if you want to call it that is pretty simple. They produce what they call a premium bullet at premium prices. I find it works about like any other cup and core bullet of modest construction. When I shot Nosler bullets I caught a ton of them. I used them for many years. There are a number of "cheap" brands I have used a lot of and never found a real difference between them and Partitions.

I do insist on exit wounds for two reasons. When animals have just an entrance hole bleeding is slowed. Add a second hole and the advantage of tissues being laid pretty much in line with the exit, which is generally larger, seriously increases the bleeding. I want the blood trail if needed and the simple fact is more bleeding means quicker death. If you hunt in a rain forest a bit the need will be obvious.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.