Originally Posted by jimmyp
[Linked Image]

jimmyp,

i believe you are very well equipped with your 9mm--it's a definite wonder cartridge, and has been my favorite handgun round since around the mid 1980's.

i'm glad it worked for you on the pit bull too.

lately, i think some folks are giving it a little too much credit though--especially with respect to very large critters. while we all know from specific examples that it has been effective on large bears in some cases--in our hiking and climbing, i can't bring myself to trust it in that aspect. however, i say this making it clear that i've never shot a bear with a handgun either...

but it's nothing new--according to an acquaintance of mine, i am aware of a guy that killed a very large bear with a 9mm back about 30 years ago...

in good conscience, i can't believe the chart's "conclusions". i can't help but wonder if there might have been some fundamental flaw in putting that work together.

i think anyone with some level of range experience/testing with a wide variety of handgun cartridges, would never put all of their "Eggs in the Ellifritz Basket"...

all learning is like a funnel:
however, contrary to popular thought, one begins with the the narrow end.
the more you progress, the more it expands into greater discovery--and the less of an audience you will have...