Originally Posted by Whitworth1
Jimmy, have you killed anything with a handgun? Just trying to understand from where your perspective comes.

Max, yes I have and I have killed things with shotguns, rifles. Rifles are very familiar and having an animal run from a solid hit is familiar. There are those who believe in nothing but the 45ACP or maybe even 44 magnum for self defense. Does it make a bigger hole, yes slightly but it only makes a hole in or near a vital artery or organ. These shootings serve to illustrate this fact in multiple shootings, the shotgun slug was thrown in as a gratuitous thought provoking incident. Thus to me it appears that a person armed with a keltec 32 who hits someone in the head, skews the results as much as a man armed with a .45 and the best bullets available and misses every vital organ with 8 shots. All of this goes into the data, and if you think about it, many might be able to fire a 9mm better than a .40 or .45, the wound tracks are very similar and the data would be influenced in that way as well. In conclusion based on the dual factors of ease of use and accuracy supplemented by lack of recoil or reduced recoil opposed by the factors of a slightly larger bullet hole/more penetration under less than ideal circumstances then they do seem to all produce about the same results all things considered.