Originally Posted by Cascade

The 375 is major league cool though. And in the past I've shot it pretty danged well. I seem to be aging faster than the rifle. We will see.

Guy

I would lean this direction but for insurance I would load up some 235 grain Speers or any good 250 grain bullet as a lower recoil back up, maybe just load them till they shoot to the same point of impact as your primary load. A good 250 like the Swift will cover all the plains game if you wanted to only have one load and I can feel the difference betweed them and a full power 300 grain load as far as recoil is concerned.

I would also see if the PH has a camp rifle just in case. I forget which PH it was but for a two gun choice they recommended the 243 and a 375. Some would even use the 243 for baited leopard. At least three of the PH's in Boddingtons Safari Rifles book picked this combo. The only thing is don't shoot so many practice rounds you develop a flinch. Maybe stop every ten shots or so and do a couple of dry firing rounds to double check. It seems some days recoil affects me more than others and if that happens stop and shoot a rimfire or something low recoil. Hunting jack rabbits with a 22 shooting off shooting sticks is great practice. The 375 works pretty well on Jacks too.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli