JG,

Got text from bud in Africa, "5 animals all about 200-250 yards, these rounds you invented are dynamite." They evidently not wasting time. 5 rounds, 5 animals. Evidently that load is knocking them down in an impressive fashion. Another text, "This rifle is superb, many compliments".

Not so sure I "invented" this load, actually did a lot of research on line, mostly here on the Fire. The best load was 67.5 gr. RL-26 at 3,000 fps, sub MOA in his rifle, an older, almost unused 7RM SS fluted Sendero with Timney and 4-14x50 Long Range VX-III Leupold, CDS set up for this load. I had gotten it put together for him, sent the scope back for CDS. I was relieved when the CDS was cranked to 400 and the 3" pattern was dead center. I was in a hurry, relied on Leupold's computer ballistics which were dead on.

He loves Senderos, has an older, much used .270 that he's killed literal truck loads of stuff with over the years. I asked him why he packed such a heavy rifle. His comment, "I know what it'll do when I get it there"... I didn't have the heart to tell him how sorry Leupold scopes were... He's not a Fire contributor, so he's somewhat uninformed about such stuff... wink

43 7/8" Good photo of the rifle and scope. Big grin sorta tells the story.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]