Cascade

My family hunted Namibia this year in August and September with Osombahe Nord safaris run and owned by Harold and Liezel.
My son used a 308Howa loaded it with 150gn accubonds and 140grain outer edge projectiles. He had no problems dropping game out to 200 yards, game he shot included a big Hartman zebra and Oryx. My son Jirrah is almost 15 and aquitted himself well.
I used a Stevens 200rebarreled to 35Whelan loaded with 225gn accubonds and woodleigh projectiles at 2,900fps nothing walked away from it. Game included Hartman zebra and Oryx as well as black wildebeest (poor man's buffalo).
In hindsight the 308 would have been plenty but as I had the Whelan built for Africa it had to go too.
We experienced no problems traveling with the rifles and ammo from oz to Namibia.
Great trip fantastic hosts unreal game. Take your favorite suitable rifle and enjoy.
Listen to your PH and guide on bullet placement and learn to shoot off sticks beforehand and what you shoot should be going home with you.

The most important thing I can tell you is they are your trophies to be proud of. Some may shoot bigger but they ain't yours. My 52inches of kudu will get pride of place in my home. It may not be the big 58 inches of others but it is MINE and I had to work for him. Just wish I could upload photos for everyone.

Last edited by 25epps; 12/18/19. Reason: Forgot to mention cascade in my pist