Originally Posted by huntsman22
Originally Posted by richardca99
I’ll hunt with it almost entirely from enclosed blinds, elevated tripods, and climbing stands

Not a fan of DBM, as they handle for [bleep] in the woods...

I don't see a problem with DBM. The dang thing will be slung on your shoulder, thru the 'woods' on your strenuous journey to those blinds, stands and tripods. And if your going to take a shot, it will be in both hands, neither of which is close to that pesky, '[bleep]', hangie-down mag. So where is the 'handling' problem? And if it ain't gonna be slung, why bother with the expense of un-needed flushcups?

I just don't like it. I like the option of carrying the gun by the belly, and you just can't do that with an M5 type setup unless the mag isn't installed. Sometimes, it'll be slung, and that's why I like the flushcups. Sometimes, it'll have a sling on it, but I'll cradle it in my hand anyway. I like options. If I could find a trim, flush-mount DBM system (like on a Steyr), I'd be all in. Unfortunately, Badger's stuff is all gangly with it's mag release levers and what not. I have one, and I just don't care for it despite it being quality kit.

Chris