Originally Posted by Kimber7man
Originally Posted by richardca99

- #3B Bartlein contour fluted that finishes at 21”

- 10 or 11.25 twist .308 Win (still struggling on this...)

- Barrel threaded with protector.

- Templar V1 Hunter action.

- Manners EH2 stock

- Hawkins BDL bottom metal

- Trigger Tech Primary or Special

Graphite black Cerakote, nitrited action interior, and GAP camo paint on the stock (they have a guy who does their stock patterns to make them look like the McMillan versions (which I love).

Kind of like this?
Bartlein #3, 20”
TBAC CB
Templar V1 sheep hunter
15 MOA non-typical rail
EH-2
APA RTG DBM

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

So...I did something I should have done two weeks ago. I got my calipers out and took a hard look at the dimensions of the factory barrels I have on-hand. I also took a close look at photos of some EH2s inletted for #4 Bartlein contours. With "hat in hand," here's what I've determined:

- The #4 Bartlein looks WAY too thick for the forearm on the EH2. They make it work, but the sides of the stock are paper thin toward the front of the forearm, and I don't like it.
- Most of you suggested that I go no heavier than #3 Bartlein, and you were right. Spending some time with my calipers, I've concluded that this is the way to go.

This will make this build identical to what Kimber7man got from GAP (photos above), and I suspect it will balance much better.. I'll call GAP tomorrow morning. I doubt they've done anything given that I just placed the order last week, but, if it costs me a little to make a change, so be it. Again, thanks for the help. Here are the new specs:

- Manners EH2 with painted GAP camo by Larsen Tactical, Atlas bipod rail, and non-rotating flush cups on left side
- Templar V1 Hunter action with "sheep port," controlled-round feed, and three-position safety
- APA RTG bottom metal with Curtis 3-round flush fit magazine
- Bartlein #3 fluted, 10" twist, finished at 21"
- Trigger Tech Special tuned to 2.5 lbs.
- Nitrided bolt and action
- Atlas pic rail on the forearm for bipod use
- Cerakote graphite black

Last edited by richardca99; 05/19/19.

Chris