I spent an hour on the phone with Jeremy at GAP yesterday afternoon. Several of the recommendations I got from folks in this thread we’re key to my decisions, so thanks to everyone for their input. Here’s where things stand...probably going to pull the trigger on Monday.

- #3B Bartlein contour fluted that finishes at 21”

- 10 or 11.25 twist .308 Win (still struggling on this...)

- Barrel threaded with protector.

- Templar V1 Hunter action.

- Manners EH2 stock

- Hawkins BDL bottom metal

- Trigger Tech Primary or Special

Graphite black Cerakote, nitrited action interior, and GAP camo paint on the stock (they have a guy who does their stock patterns to make them look like the McMillan versions (which I love).

Did you know that Defiance/GAP makes a M70 style 3-position safety for the Templar??? It’s $460 extra and a long wait, but so tempting as I really wanted a safety that would lock the bolt.

Question: I am only interested in shooting this gun to 600 yards, and I am not a high-volume shooter. If I stay in the 168-178 grain range for projectiles (maybe some 185 Juggernauts here and there), should I go with the 10 or 11.25 twist? I have no interest in finding out later that a really long 178 won’t stabilize...but is 10 twist really going to drive up pressure and cause premature throat erosion? Will accuracy suffer if I’m spinning them too fast?

Chris