Originally Posted by richardca99
Originally Posted by ctsmith
Beware that the EH2 has a lot of heel drop, very similar to McMillans HTG. They do not fit me at all. Fit is subjective, just making sure you're aware.

So the EH2 looks similar to the McMillan Hunter format, which has a similar drop at heel. That is my favorite stock, so I'm guessing I'll be okay with the EH2. Curious why it doesn't fit you though...is it only in a particular shooting position?

It'd be nice if McMillan would list their stock specs like Manners. https://mannersstocks.com/stock-technical-specifications/

For me, the lower heel makes pad shoulder contact way too low. In a standing shooting position its manageable (but not ideal). The closer to the ground, the worse it gets. In prone the pad is literally below my shoulder with only the top tip contacting the lowest part of my shoulder. I absolutely hate it, but that's just me.

Regarding barrels, as previously mentioned, I just went through the exact same decision and went Bartein 3 over the 3B. I have a rifle built on a Bighorn, EH3, and Barlein 2B that is nearly perfect, and shoots phenomenal. The only reason I upped the contour to a 3 was the fact that 2B is in 6.5 and the .308 is a much bigger hole.