Originally Posted by FreeMe
[quote=DocRocket]...I simply pulled the spare Glock 23 magazine from my pocket and held it up as though checking to see if it was fully loaded. Funny thing, the 3 guys advancing on me stopped in their tracks, paused, and without a word turned around and got back into their truck and drove away.

I guess they figured that if a guy has a Glock magazine on him, he probably has a Glock pistol on him, too.

FREE ME - " ... Just because you left the pavement, doesn't mean you left the dirtbags behind. '"

Brother, you ain't kidding. Old dirt roads and trails, remote campsites, etc., are targets of opportunity for the scum out there who think what you have, belongs to them. mad

I'm old fashioned so I do not have a newfangled Glock. I figure if push comes to shove, I'll just have to call on my old and dear friends, Col. Colt and his Nine Little Sisters for assistance. Something about facing a Colt's Lightweight Commander .45 ACP that can make a cretin think seriously about taking up a different profession. At least in my experience. wink

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)