Originally Posted by FreeMe
Originally Posted by GunDoc7
Mr. Harry, good discussion. Thanks.

FreeMe, interesting points. But you assume a lot, incorrectly, and you are condescending as hell. Not to say I think that is news to you or that your care. Or perhaps you think you are witty. Maybe you are . . . to someone.

Yeah, I'll own that. It was deliberately condescending. Your flippant remarks invited it. As if people don't have valid reasons for carrying differently in different settings. And yeah - I'm still going to assume you haven't tried slinging that AR as you go about daily business, even in private.....or else that business is pretty limited.

^^^^^^^
In general, I don't do flippant remarks. I was trying to have a honest discussion. Apparently Mr. Harry understood my intent.

Of course people have valid reasons for carrying differently in different settings. I often open carry on private land. Repeating myself, but one of the the arguments for concealed carry is not about the gun grab. It is about a predator not knowing you are armed until it is too late. If I understand the argument as many people make it, the assumption is the criminal has decided to act whether you are armed or not, but that they might be less aggressive with their first move if they think you are unarmed. How many times have you heard something like "I don't want the SOB to know I am armed until he is staring down the muzzle"? I've heard it plenty. If that is the argument you make (not saying YOU make it, but many do), is there much difference in city vs. country?

I've never hiked the AT. How close can someone get to you who is overtaking you as far as getting close enough for a gun grab?

When hunting, I carry a rifle around all day. It is usually heavier than an AR. I'm often carrying more weight in a pack. A light AR weighs less than the extra pounds many of us would like to lose.

You can assume whatever you please about what my usual day is and how much time I spend in climate control. But I'll mow about half and acre today, and it won't be a riding mower. Maybe I'll sling an AR and see if it kills me.

Clinging to guns & religion since 1959

Keyboards make people braver than alcohol

Election Integrity is more important than Election Convenience

Washington Post: "Democracy Dies in Darkness"
More correct: "Killing Democracy Faster Than Darkness"