I’m not a big “hiker” per se, but I do a fair amount of woodswalking as I hunt upland bird and whitetail. So I put my time in scouting etc. Always strap a big N frame 44 mag open when I do. Never had to use it or even pull it in defense against anything on four legs nor two. However, I have over the years found all kinds of ‘sign’ from the 2 legged variety of predators in places I least expected. More so than bear sign. Up to and including a pretty extensive cannabis farming operation. That’s got my pulse up. At least once, I have felt eyes on me. If you’ve ever had that sinking, certain, feeling, you know what i’m Talking about. It’s unmistakable. In that situation, i’m Quite sure the obviousness of that honking big revolver on my hip kept the situation to eyes-only. That’s why I like it visible, in the thick stuff. I could care less about any eyebrows it might raise among the more innocent types I occasionally encounter. I mean them no harm, and none comes from it. In Town, I believe in CC. But in Country, It’s OC.