It sure skipped a beat that's for sure. Prior to what little video I got, I was watching him at a whopping 70 yds for a couple of minutes. I started trying to get pics and video from there to no avail....nothing would focus right. I grabbed my spotter and tripod and attempted to get in the back of my truck (very flat ground where I was) and attach my phone to the spotter with my phoneskope. When I got out of the truck the small herd didn't like it so they started moving off.

If you look at the last part of that video, as he's going away you will see him lay his ears out pretty flat for just a second. I've killed enough of these big sandhills bucks, and seen plenty more killed to know when they lay their ears out flat they will be at least an honest 24"-25". If you can pause that video it looks to me like there's at least 5" (outside spread) outside of his ears on each side. Puts him at least in the 35-36" class, likely a touch wider.

The only other buck I've seen in my life that I know was wider was this buck from several years ago. I apologize for the terrible video, but I was holding a camera up to my spotter and that's hard for me to do. We never did kill him either.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.