Spent quite a bit of time looking for a giant for a friend that drew the statewide raffle deer tag here in CO this year. Found a hammer in October but my friend and I thought we might wait to see what the late season provided. Here is the big deer we elected to pass..

Here are two 200" deer in the same picture...
[Linked Image]

Here is a picture of the big deer up close. He is at least a 14x13 with gobs of mass, inlines, cheaters, droptines, many brownies and character for days...

[Linked Image]

Video from the first moment I found him...

I had just gotten done hunting with a friend when we found that buck. In fact, this buck was in the back of the truck when I first found the above deer in the pictures...

[Linked Image]

Rob and I...

[Linked Image]

A few days later a friend of mine called me and had found a buck in a unit I had a tag for and as luck would have it the deer was on a piece of property owned by a good friend of mine and he helped me gain access. I still need to take a "gift" to the landowner for graciously allowing me to hunt his property. I was shooting a muzzleloader and my powder got moisture in it and I missed him at 50 yards. Went back 2 days later and shot him at 20 yards.

Here he is alive..

[Linked Image]

And here he is with my friend Kelby that found him...
[Linked Image]

My ugly mug with my deer...
[img]http://i24.photobucket.com/alb...-942C-ECC0CD69A69C_zpsmukgd21m.jpg[/img]

Last edited by huntsonora; 01/29/15.