Originally Posted by JGRaider
Beautiful bucks Dub. Did you ever see any desert bighorns in that Van Horn country? They are supposedly doing really well here in Texas.

We never saw any bighorns on our lease. We did have our share of Aoudad though. They were almost, if not more, fun to hunt than the muleys.

I did see some desert Bighorn when I drew a muley tag for Sierra Diablo WMA back in 2011. I saw one perched up on a rock outcropping as we drove through one of several ranches to access the WMA. I watched a herd of about 20 bighorns in my unit for the 3 days we hunted the WMA and one was going to be a real hoss of a ram. His curl had already swung down below his jaw and was coming back up at the end of his nose. I'm a sheep nut, having hunted Dall sheep in the NWT back in 1995 seeing those bighorn was a real treat. A local fireman and friend of mine drew a one of the first bighorn tags in Texas and killed his at Elephant Mountain I believe. I know of a rancher that used to have the ranch south of us in Van Horn. He sold that place and bought another one close to Sierra Blanca. He's shown me some pics of Desert Bighorn that roam his place. I'd give my right one to hunt them.

The lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part!