What’s your budget?

No need for a public answer, but that really drives what will work, what will last you, and what your wants are.

I’m Excalibur fan, but I’ve used Ten Point, Barnett, and Carbon Express. Excalibur’s have one string, and you can change it without a bow press / bow shop.

IMHO for entry compound - the Centerpoint Sniper is about the best entry level crossbow in the market. Wicked Ridge G-3 is similar, and reasonable for reliability.

Entry level compound crossbow strings and cables “typically” do not hold up well to long term shooting. If you’re going to zero in ten shots, and not shoot again until you’re on game, they’ll last.

If you are going to shot 100-150 bolts before season, stepping up in the product lines will generally get you a longer run before changing out the cables and string.

I had an entry level Barrett - it was only good for about 50 shots before the servings started coming apart. After the second set of replacements, I sold it for a better solution.

I’m fairly healthy and strong, but the crank is much easier in the stand, and for decocking after the hunt.

Most entry package crossbow scopes are junk, and you’ll be chasing a floating zero, or a reticle aim point that doesn’t match your shooting distance.

Last edited by AH64guy; 06/01/19.