For my dollars, a high end or low end crossbow has zero appeal to me. But there are many mid-level priced crossbows that retail for less than $450. that are well built, accurate, and sturdy. I suggest SA Sports Beowulf. BEAR has a couple new models for 2019. Speed is often over-emphasized in my opinion. Any crossbow that achieves 325 f.p.s. shoots flat enough to nail a big game animal at 35 yards or so.

My cousin and his son both shoot the Beowulf crossbow and have downed several Ohio deer between them. These bows were purchased from Sportsman's Guide.

My own crossbow is a Ten Point that I bought second hand for a very good price. I paid $250. in 2008 for this bow. It was sent to the factory in Ohio to have the safety/trigger device worked on and while it was there, I asked to have the limbs upgraded. The only work that has been performed since is to have the string replaced once and the serving redone 6 times. So I have less than $500. in to it and very pleased with accuracy and speed. But a new model is way out of my salary range. My older model is heavier and a bit out-of-style but I'm keeping it for as long as I can keep it going with factory parts.

Sherwood

FIRE UP THE GRILL - is NOT catch and release!