I have killed over two dozen deer with an Excalibur. There's things I like and some I do not about the bow. I am shooting over 300 FPS even with heavy arrows and I have had several of the deer manage to jump the string at 20 yards.Never caused a miss, but it even a less good hit can be trouble you don't need.

50 yards shots can be made but Bambi can move an awful lot before the arrow gets there. Don't take them. 20 is much better and fifteen better still. Accuracy is not the issue, it's the time of flight of the arrow. Even with good solid double lung hits, even with shots right through the heart, even with shots that sever the great vessels above the heart laving it loose in the chest, you cannot predict very well how far Bambi may run after the hit. I have had them drop in their tracks after the shot. I had one double lunged that ran for a little over a mile bleeding so well that I could follow it as fast as I can walk and could have followed it at a run could I still run. I had one bleed so heavily that I could see the blood trail almost 100 yards away with a flashlight make it 200 yards. I have one last fall that I took at a steep downward angle that one blade of the four blade head sliced 1/2 inch of the scapula and a couple ribs on the way in but did not make an exit hole. That deer made it fifty yards without bleeding a drop. Then, it tipped over and everything within ten feet was very red.

You don't get to choose what happens after you pull the trigger. All you can hope to do is cut down Bambi's options. The closer you are the better you can visualize the arrow path through Bambi, the less time Bambi has to react, the more power you can apply to the job of driving the arrow all the way through.