OP - while I agree that the Excalibur can be uncocked by hand - I’ve done it, it’s not for the older hunter. Good chance to tear or pull something in the shoulders that does heal quickly.

I have the Micro 360 takedown, with the crank. I can cock it with rope, but I’d better stretch first. The crank is expensive - about $200 if you catch a sale. The good - It’s near silent, easy on / easy off, and I can decock with it if I choose. Downside - it’s steel and heavy, but I’ll bet it will outlast me.

Letting loose ~350 pounds of force, regardless of how it’s compounded down, is not a light task, especially in the dark, after a full hunt. 99% of the time, I’ll let the discharge bolt do it’s work.

Two hunters in my area regularly use Hickory Creeks - with ease and good success. Our deer management group lead takes between 4-6 deer a year with his, he’s got major rotator issues, holding compounds at draw are out for him.

The other guy is very elderly with health issues, but gets about one a season with his, but he’s not in the woods as much as he used to be.

From my experience this year, the newer Excalibur Micros are a lot quieter (subjective opinion) than the older Excalibur models. Mine is much quieter than the Carbon Express CX I had.

Last edited by AH64guy; 06/02/19.