Originally Posted by satx78247
Originally Posted by kellory
Originally Posted by satx78247
kellory,

Fyi, I've never shot a BARNETT but I figure that you are correct, as you DO hunt with one.

Fwiw, my old YUKON XL has taken MANY feral hogs & it does "pass throughs" on each one.

Btw, I'm currently "window shopping for" a nice/used EXCALIBUR. - And YEP, I'll keep my Horton if I buy another XB.

yours, tex

I'm on my third crossbow now. Started with a Barnett RX-280, then the demon, traded the RX-280 for a 12ga sxs Sterlingworth. Kept the demon and now the Horten. And yes, a clean pass through is standard procedure with just about any crossbow.

kellory,

ONE reason that I'm "window shopping" for another XB is that I want a suitable XB for hunting REALLY BIG game, including a Cape Buffalo.
(An old college chum has also suggested that I join his annual hunt in Canada next Fall for MOOSE and/or BEAR.)

yours, tex

Then good luck to you sir, and enjoy every minute. That's not something I'm likely to ever get the chance to try.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~