Seems to me most of the shows are about getting big antlers. As meat hunters, antlers don't count for much with my group.

What is important to me is the social aspect of the hunt. Over the years I've hunted with very good friends, a couple real losers and a lot of family. The good friends are gone with one exception and these days it is mostly family, whether antelope in WY or deer and elk in CO. (I joke we rent out the west wing of the hotel in WY.) Whether I get an animal or not takes a back seat to helping family members get theirs, even though that attitude has cost me several elk in the last few years. No biggie,

When Daughter #1 gets her first elk - hopefully this year, after 3 years of trying - there will be a lot of hugs, handshakes and backslaps. Those that don't think such behavior is appropriate are advised not to watch.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.