Originally Posted by T_Inman
I can't say I have ever honored an animal by saying "thank you" right after I put a bullet in it. I do feel that if you're not excited after shooting something you should get a different hobby that does make you excited when you're successful. Ever given a handshake and give a sincere "congrats" to someone who just killed a deer? It's not a fist bump, but the meaning is the same. It just may not be everyone's way.

Call me a shïtty, unethical hunter. I don't care. Doing everything exactly the way the OP seems to desire won't change the anti's mind. Maybe some middle ground folks, but not the ones that really matter. I don't know if I'll put a picture up on the 'net of me riding a dead elk like it's a bull or anything, but I sure as hell won't bow to the anti's by not getting excited after shooting something I have put a lot of effort into shooting.

Rant over.

Agree 100%.

The problem with hunting shows is there is a target audience and most middle to above average hunters do not fall into that audience. A show makes money by sponsors. The show must pay the network for the airtime. Sponsors want to see ratings and high viewing numbers. No different than the major network TV shows. I have no desire to sit in front of a TV period personally. I rather be outdoors living life.

Newberg and Rinella, Ben O'Brian, John Lee the "GUIDE" and the whole BHA you can keep. I have no use for them. But if tuning into their stuff makes you happy so be it.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.