To be honest I don't believe women should be in the military like it is. I think they should be in their own branch like it used to be.

Most people that have served will dismiss her out of hand because they've seen how women are handled by the military. I don't dismiss her out of hand because she's a woman. I dismiss her because she isn't from a Combat Arms Branch. To make good use of the tools in your toolbox you have to understand the tools and their capabilities.

I really don't think a pilot male or female should be in charge of infantry. If they listen to their staff they might do okay assuming the staff is squared away and not a bunch of yes men.
Realistically the CG has very little effect on the day to day operations at company level.

She is the daughter of a Major General and IMO nepotism is a problem in the Army at least. Who you know is important, make the wrong person upset and next thing you know you are a military attache in Bangladesh or something.

It's harder for someone who hasn't served to judge because they don't know how things work. I'm not impressed with a huge rack of ribbons, because I know how often those things are handed out like candy at Halloween. Headquarters and Support units are really bad for this.

I wasn't infantry, but worked with a large number of former infantry guys (probably 50-60 percent of the guys I worked with the last 13 years) and infantry is different to put it mildly.

In all I think this was more about putting a woman in charge of an Infantry Division then it was putting the most qualified in charge of an Infantry Division.