Originally Posted by Lonny
Originally Posted by drover
Originally Posted by Lonny

I went out there also and sat in on the writers discussion forum. I enjoyed it. The opinions of Terry Weiland would have absolutely snapped a bunch of campfire members! smile

Could you please decipher the reference to this statement "The opinions of Terry Weiland would have absolutely snapped a bunch of campfire members!"

I am curious as to what your are saying or referring to - I guess I am too darned old to understand "snapped", does that mean they had a good opinion or a poor opinion of him?

dover

Drover, In the writers discussion forum, several people from the gun outdoor/industry were asked questions by a moderator along the lines of 'What would Jack think about...."What would Jack use for...." "What would Jack think is wrong today with...." "What would Jack like about this..." Since none of the people on the forum were Jack, it would be tough to not put a dash of your own personal opinion into an answer.

Terry had some pretty strong opinions about long range hunting and the heavy use of technology for hunting today. I found him quite funny actually and not off base by any means, but no doubt on the campfire an absolute firestorm would have erupted. He didn't get booed off the stage by any means and you saw many nodding in agreement, even though myself, and I'm sure many others in the crowd, use some of the gadgets he didn't seem fond of. He had the crowd laughing at times.

Got it, thanks for the clarification.
I would have been one of those folks who were nodding in agreement with him.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.