Originally Posted by Mule Deer
GunDoc,

I dunno if Brad often takes the rifle out in public, and let's other people shoot it. He lived on the other side of Washington state from the O'Connor Center, and the rifle is generally locked up in the display case so visitors can look at it.

Here's a photo the buttplate. It's a little smaller than many steel buttplates of the era:
[Linked Image]

I was typing faster than I was thinking. "Often" was a poor word choice. I remember reading and seeing pictures that the rifle was "out in public" for the unveiling of the JOC tribute rifles, perhaps at SHOT or the NRA annual meetings? I remember reading a thread or article where Bradford was going to take it hunting (antelope?) and was confirming zero. I've read a few other articles wherein people had the opportunity to shoot it.

You are right that it probably isn't "often." My point is that it happens at least occasionally, and I do applaud the concept.

On a similar note, it seems the caretakers of Duane Allman's Gibson Les Paul "Gold Top" sometimes allow it to be taken out in public and played. I applaud that as well.

Clinging to guns & religion since 1959

Keyboards make people braver than alcohol

Election Integrity is more important than Election Convenience

Washington Post: "Democracy Dies in Darkness"
More correct: "Killing Democracy Faster Than Darkness"