Now that the majority of posters in this section has condemned Leupold scopes and their progeny, what will you use in the future?

Should scopes even have black tubes or gold markings anymore? I'm thinking that people might mistake them for Leupolds. Perhaps they should be camoflaged, made a dull brown, flat blue, or painted vibrant reds, yellows and pinks...for the benchrest crowd, and gay people...but I'm not saying that BR shooters are gay, ok? Just trying to be all inclusive. Although I suppose some of the BR crowd probably are, but again, that's ok. Just trying to be all inclusive. frown

Apart from properly fixing the erectors, the knobs, reticles, and other stuff I probably missed, is there something that Leupold should do to make amends to the shooting public? blush

Years ago, they would have taken the owners or senior people into the public square and had them flogged. Would that be a possibility? I was just thinking that they might do things properly if they knew that it was not going to go well for them personally. You know, if they put profits above quality. eek

Should there be a sheriff's sale of the factory and property to another scope company? eek

Should Leupold users be shunned by Zeiss or NF owners? Or shamed into divesting themselves of all their Leupold scopes in favour of something of higher quality? mad

I'm confused. See, I only have one Leupold, so I don't feel angry or ashamed. Should I be ashamed though? I did get it repaired up here (for free), but what other 4 power scopes would do?

So many questions. So confusing...

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]