Though I stated above I have used Bushnell/Bausch & Lomb scopes, I still use a lot of Leupolds on my rifles. Not sure how many 3 - 9 x 40 VariX II I have but they have been exceptionally bulletproof over the years and probably the best bargain in scopes that has been available for just about ever. I have several of the 6.5 - 20 x 40's also and for what I use them for- Vermin and targets- they have also been just about perfect. Embarking on using a VX 3i 3.5-10 on my .338 but so far it seems like a great scope and the 4. 5 -14 on my 26 Nosler seems pretty well suited to it, but haven't used it enough to wring it out real well yet. Give me about 10-15 years and if it is still working and I'm still hunting I'll let you know..... wink

Reading the responses so far (at least the semi-helpful ones), it seems there are two groups of scope users- the ones who feel money is no object so get the most expensive glass you can because it has to be reliable due to the cost. Then there are guys like me who squeeze our hunting/shooting hobbies into the rest of our lives and family time and settle for the best bang for the buck we can afford. To me, that has been Leupold for a very long time and lately the Bushnell products have improved their quality since their partnership with Bausch & Lomb to warrant a trial. I've had very few scopes fail of any brand, but the three I can think of are a couple Leupolds due to my rough handling- certainly not a factory or design problem, and a Bausch & Lomb 4000 elite 2.5 -10 that was on my favorite .338 for at least 12 years or more and went through hell and back with me. Finally was able to bend the tube on the B&L to the point it can't be repaired, so I have to decide if I want one of the new Nitro scopes for half price or..... ????? Still thinking on it..

Bob.

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.