Used Remington Core lokt for years and they worked well. The current core lokt has a thinner jacket so they can come apart sometimes but usually do well. Just about any Hardware store around here carries the Remington loads so a plus if you ever forget your ammo.

The Federals are a good option and the electroplating process bonds the jacket and core. They can still fragment but usually stay in one piece and exit. As others have said the fragmenting is usually in the chest cavity so doesn't affect the meat and it also creates more devastation for faster kills.

For reloading I am using mostly the 95 grain Ballistic tip and the Partitions. These both perform really well, but not enough better to justify paying for premium ammunition. I have also used the Barnes 85 X and the Blue version too. These were the champs for penetration but I don't think they are needed on Deer but they were just right for on the shoulder shots on big hogs.

I would keep it simple and cheap and get a box of Remington and one of Federal and see which one the rifle liked better. If the accuracy is equal then I think I would go Federal Fusion because of the bonded effect.

Last edited by Tejano; 07/10/19.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli